5 MIN READ
How to Use Social Media Strategy to Generate More Sales
The PayBright Team
November 17, 2020
How do you turn a broad concept like “engagement” into actual sales? It’s a question that has caused many burgeoning entrepreneurs to scratch their puzzled heads for many years, especially in the digital age.
Look: it’s not easy to build a following and consistently engage with your target audience or turn that engagement into earnings. Having a solid content strategy will get more eyes on your page but it won’t necessarily lead to more dollars in your bank account.
If you’ve been long looking forward to that day when you can call yourself a six-figure entrepreneur, social media is certainly a viable way of helping you get there … if used strategically.
6 Ways to Use Social Media to Generate More Sales on your Website or Mobile App
- Be authentic: This isn’t the time or place for rigid scripts. Be intentional and genuinely ‘human’ with your copy and overall messaging. Don’t fear being vulnerable: show emotion and, depending on your brand and industry, do your best to communicate as you would with a friend or family member. Never forget: it’s about the audience.
- Develop an ongoing series: Whether it's daily, weekly, or monthly, a consistent calendar of social posts builds trust and engagement in your followers.
- Promote ‘smart,’ not ‘hard’: Market new products and promotions on all of your relevant social media channels, as well as through email threads, posters, or any other tools you can leverage. You can also tease new product launches or give updates on your brand, or, do contests and giveaways get people to buy. Whatever social platforms you choose to use, make sure they are where you audience actually is.
- Show the ‘behind the scenes’: Everyone gets the end result but not everyone gets a sneak peek into how it all works. Your audience may want to see a behind-the-scenes look at what makes your business tick; giving them access is just another avenue for their engagement, as well as a way of humanizing your brand. This kind of authenticity can connect you to an audience you weren’t expecting to find.
- Conclude with a call to action: You should always end posts or live feeds with a call to action that ties directly back to your product, and a concrete next step for the audience to take. Whether it be something as simple as following your account or more involved, like filling out a form, it is critical to make people behave in a certain engaging way after landing on your content.
Two Social Media Site to Keep an Eye On
Don’t know where to start with social media? No problem.
It’s understandable that you’d want to stick with Instagram or YouTube as your top social media networks with which to engage your customers, but the trick to generating more sales is creating an omnichannel marketing plan that allows you to reach customers via email, forums, and other popular online groups.
There are a few largely underrated social media sites that can ultimately aid you in making connections to boost your sales.
LinkedIn has been a long-forgotten tool for young entrepreneurs. Allowing you to establish professional connections with potential customers and/or partners, LinkedIn has a surprisingly high viewership per post. In a world where the major B2C social media platforms are heavily saturated with non-relevant content, LinkedIn continues to provide alternative B2B opportunities for small to medium-sized entrepreneurs.
Gary Vaynerchuk, popular entrepreneur and influencer market expert, swears by LinkedIn, and , “Other than TikTok, [LinkedIn is] good for people that don’t have money for every piece of creative and if they rely on organic reach … If you’re not taking your content strategy on LinkedIn extremely seriously, you’re making a massive mistake.”
Whether you’re a one-person fashionista with a vintage-clothing company; a gamer on the eSports circuit; or a health and wellness expert, there are a number of strategies you can leverage on LinkedIn to connect with similar groups and professionals. For the record, there are more than 722+ million from 200 different countries, all of which could soon have their eyes on you and which could potentially lead to more sales.
Ranked ahead of Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat and most every other app, Triller has been building off its recent growth following TikTok’s ban in India and its recent challenges in the U.S.
In August, Triller announced that it ranked #1 in all categories in the app store in 50 countries, including the U.S., Australia, France, the U.K., Italy, and almost every major country in which it is available.
At the End of the Day: Study the Analytics and Sell, Sell, Sell
Buying ad campaigns to gain temporary followers won’t help you generate sales consistently. A frequent study of your content data and metrics (i.e. most popular posts, high-traffic pages, most popular times of day, most engaged social platforms) will tell you what content and channels are actually resonating with your audience. Repeat what works, and ditch what doesn’t.
And remember: With social media, whether paid or unpaid, you will be in it for the long haul: a high follower count and a social media empire are rarely built in a day.
This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not an exhaustive review of this topic. The content is not financial or investment advice. No professional relationship of any kind is formed between you and PayBright. While we have obtained or compiled this information from sources we believe to be reliable, we cannot and do not guarantee its accuracy. We recommend that you consult your personal finance professional before taking any action related to this information. PayBright is a provider of Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) solutions. BNPL providers offer plans with a variety of terms and conditions, including interest rates, fees, and penalties, and have different standards for qualifying for loans. Laws and regulations governing BNPL providers vary by jurisdiction. We recommend that you compare and contrast plans, read the fine print, and conduct detailed research into any BNPL provider before using their services.
Share this article
Never miss a story
Brighten your inbox with Talking Shop news!